Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma Scalematic 3.5/200mm first impression
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Sigma Scalematic 3.5/200mm first impression Reply with quote

I managed to get a copy of this seventies Sigma experiment. Sigma made a nice range of strange lenses in that time, not leading to great commercial successes making them nice lenses to collect.

This Scalematic can focus at a minimal distance of some 80cm's giving it a nice 1:3 ratio. Not quite macro, but enough for the bigger insects like dragonflies and butterflies.

From an earlier topic by Luisalegria about this lens, i already learned that it can perform well as long as it is stopped down to about 8

Mechanic-wise, Sigma did a good job, after some 40 years, aperture ring and both the focussing rings run as smooth as if the lens was produced about yesterday.
I use this one on my Panny G1 giving me the advantage of the EVF that makes it quite easy to focus with te aperture closed.

1 The combination

2 Surprise nr 1. Backgrounds that remind me of Bokina, one of my other macro's

3 It can really cope with insects like this dragonfly

4 Surprise nr 2, it can cope with backlit subjects

5 Easy stay out of the 'fly-away-zone'

6 @minimal distance

Verdict: a keeper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice indeed, congrats!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works better for you than it ever did for me !

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really nice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
It works better for you than it ever did for me !

And for me!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realy sharp!