Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hope this doesn't upset the purists
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Hope this doesn't upset the purists Reply with quote

Pentax K20D + Tamron 19AH.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all (not that I am a purist). I love it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this too

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 from me!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make a good processed image you have to start with a good image, I like that image, it's very good.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens, has the reputation among some, as being the best of the 70-210 zooms from its era.
The image is certainly a lovely composition and looks quite sharp.
It is very very contrasty.
Is this the image from the camera, or has it been pushed in PP.
Thanks for sharing.
I'd like to see some more images from this lens.
Cheers
OH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi oldhand(me too)thank you for your kind comments,To compete in todays market one has to PP initial shot,however, one still has to compose and shoot the image the way you want the end result to be.The Tamron70-210 f3.5 is a stunning performer far better Than the KIron or Komine series 1 and series 3 respectively. Unfortunately in the past year the price has rocketed from about 40-50 dollars to $280 -$300+ I am sure it is partly due to our fabulous Forum and the Vivitars have gone way down.I shoot with many lenses but will either try and find some more shots taken with this lens or when I use it next time.I get rather busy so it may be awhile but I have noted it in my schedule.Regards.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pontus
aanything.
zelda_n64.
Lloydy.
Thank you for your kind comments.kryss.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidently it is a method that the movie industry started,they omit the bleach bypass and it gives a grungy effect,then I just adjust the colour channels to bring back the Lilac and add a smidgen of vibrance.For anyone interested in this and a few other effects OnONe software.com are giving away free presets that you can use in standalone so you do not need PS,LR or Aperture.Try it you may like it.Regards

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was a purist, it would totally upset me. Wink
Thank God I'm not. Very Happy

All joking aside: strong image!