Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 250/SL
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Vivitar 250/SL Reply with quote

Can't believe I was the only bidder on this:

Click here to see on Ebay

It may not be a Bessaflex (but then, what is, for M42), but Cosina-made. Wondering how that Sekor 55/1.8 lens performs, anyone
have this lens?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found Walter's thread, the lens seems like a pretty decent performer!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it is the same camera as Porst Reflex C-TL?

http://www.astrosurf.com/re/porst_slr_20041130.jpg

Really mechanical metal shutter and big and heavy but nice to use.
I think it is originally Cosina?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a reliably performing body with a good focus screen. I fixed a 220SL version up and put a few rolls through it. It did as good as anyone could expect. Ultimately I preferred my Chinon CM-3 but the Vivitar was nice.

Here are the specs (scroll down a bit): http://anusf.anu.edu.au/~aab900/photography/cameras/vivitar.htm

The mamiya lenses are always pretty good. Solid build. Very similar to a Super-Tak 1.8/55 of the same vintage.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Marc, I downloaded the manual from Butkus and looks like I'll have to use a hearing aid battery for the
meter.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or use ISO shift, lot easier, meassure proper ISO dial set with an external lightmeter. What is exciting in this cam?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
or use ISO shift, lot easier, meassure proper ISO dial set with an external lightmeter. What is exciting in this cam?

Nothing, really, just wanted a native mount M42 camera, thanks for your interest. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I see.