Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking to get an ultra-wide from KEH to pair with D800
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Looking to get an ultra-wide from KEH to pair with D800 Reply with quote

Hi there, I am not exactly new to the forum but I lost my old account so I make a new one. I recently jumped ship from Canon to Nikon and looking to get an affordable ultra-wide from KEH before I save up money for the Nikon 14-24. I searched and found many options and got a list of these: Yashica ML 21mm, Flektogon 20mm both f2.8 and F4, Tokina 17mm, any Nikon 20mm, Tamron SP 17mm, etc... I just want to hear some input as to which few would be adequate to pair with the D800's resolution for landscape. I like as wide as possible.

Thanks in advance!! Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!
Nikon has longest register distance from all SLR cameras means most other system lenses are not reach infinity so useless to you.

I suggest to take Nikon lens step before others what you can mount Tokina or Tamron .
Nikon 20mm any of them or Nikon 18mm way to go for you.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As unsexy as it may sound, if very wide is how you like them, I doubt you could get better than Samyang 14/2.8 UC, even if money was no object. There are two caveats with that lens - it takes no filters and the distortion is not great but largely correctable in PTLens. Everything else is stellar - sharpness corner to corner, extremely low CA, etc. Check out the reviews (I think DxO reviewed it on the D800 actually).

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might go with the Samyang route then as the price is good. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

onemoresmash wrote:
Might go with the Samyang route then as the price is good. Thanks!

+1

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 15mm Nikon?