Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Porst Color Reflex MC Auto 50mm 1.7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Porst Color Reflex MC Auto 50mm 1.7 Reply with quote

Hi everyone

This is my first post so any suggestions or opinions would be highly appreciated.

I would like to share some photos of my Porst Color Reflex MC Auto 50mm f1.7 with Canon EOS 600D body.
It was cloudy evening and a little bit windy so the ISO must get higher. Those are JPG's straight from body, however saturation and sharpness were +1 than standard settings (I didn't know I will be posting any of these). As I see, +2/3 or +1EV wouldn't do any harm, but it's too late and I don't want to post any PP RAW files.

So here we go:

ISO 200, f1.7

ISO 400, f2.0

ISO 400, f1.7

IMG_3569 by mateuszmolik, on Flickr

ISO 400, f2.0

ISO 400, f2.8 or 3.3 (I don't remember)

Maybe in few days I will have more time and more sun to post some more sunny pictures.

Last edited by PhantomLord on Sat May 25, 2013 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found two more, from few days before, settings the same as above.

ISO 400, f1.7

ISO 400, f2.8

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a German lens?

Nice colour.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is rebranding of a Japanese third party lens, made by Cosina if I am not mistaken.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:
This is rebranding of a Japanese third party lens, made by Cosina if I am not mistaken.

Thanks Fermy

Wink

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fermy wrote:

You are correct, it's made by Cosina. I have this lens with both PORST and Cosina badges; other than the names on the front ring, they are indistinguishable.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I took some new photos. It was windy and cloudy as well, but it was earlier in the day than last time, so there was more light.
All images are JPGs straight from Canon 600D (sharpness and saturation +1 in body settings).
After I returned home I realised I should have use ISO 800-1600 all the time to freeze movement of flowers as it was really windy and there is some lack of sharpness due to flowers flying all around.

ISO 100, f/2.4

ISO 100, f/1.7

ISO 400, f/4

ISO 800, f/8

ISO 100, f/1.7 (As I said, it was windy and I suppose twig just disappear from focus area becoming really soft)

ISO 100, f/2.8

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens has a little reputation for its (weird?) bokeh. We can see that on your pictures. I bought one for peanuts for this reason. After a few try, it is taking dust for now...I knew it was probably japanese, and l've learned here that it's a Cosina.
Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all, nice samples are helps a lot, thank you!