Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angenieux 28/3.5 .....Autumn
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Angenieux 28/3.5 .....Autumn Reply with quote

These are some of the last images taken before my K200D "broke" . I have PP'd these boosted the contrast, reduced some of the highlight and cropped.I definitely needed a hood with me....my hand kept getting in the photo. Laughing
1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These pictures seem all a bit overexposed to me except #4. My favorite out of all is #4 as well. #3 seems a bit unsharp ... I guess you focused on the tree trunk on the right hand side ... is this due to the lens or due to focusing error?
When was this lens released? Do you have a picture of the lens as well?

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Diddy
Its this one HERE

I can say that I should have used a hood and focusing with this lens is not easy....so user error would have played a big part in any focusing issues Very Happy
It's an old lens (I have no idea on the release date) so the coating is rather worn and patchy but it has some charm to it that's why I keep taking it out. Wink I think I may have taken #3 wide open and yes I did focus on the tree ...I have a habit of turning the aperture ring (preset) rather than the focusing ring when I use this lens.

The lens was sent for a service and the repairer did say there was some damage inside, so he fixed it as best as he could.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Externally it looks like a very nice lens. Ok, if the #3 was shot wide open, then it would quite likely explain the bit of softness.
I think you should definitely try to use it with a lens hood on. In example, in #4 the colors seem to be way better because the sun wasn't in the frame. Keep on enjoying this lens and thanks for sharing your pictures - I've never heard about this lens before.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly has the "good looks" and all metal body...something I like in a lens. Laughing

It certainly does not like the full sun,I usually try and take the images from under the tress where only filtered light hits the lens.This time I took it out in the late morning sun...I think with a few more outings I will work it out...plus take a hood with me.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use -0.7 EV or centered meter next time it is help to avoid from over expose and use F8-F11 always , not even need hood Smile nice frames, you have beautiful autumn!

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips Attila. Very Happy