Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Topcon RE super or Topcon RE-2?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Topcon RE super or Topcon RE-2? Reply with quote

Which one should I keep?
I was lucky to buy two Topcon cameras. Of course it was mostly to get the lenses, but I like to keep one, if I should want to photograph analogy.
It is about Topcon RE super and Topcon RE-2
Both cameras are in good condition.
I lean towards keeping Topcon RE Super, which looks most beautiful.
But is there any reason for keeping Topcon RE-2 instead ?
If there is anyone who has some (practical) experience with this, I would appreciate your advice.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big difference for me is the positioning of the shutter button, on the front of the Super and in the more tradionional top mounted place on the 2. Personally i feel the would be better as in my experience front mounted can contribute to camera shake. as its not so easy to gently sqeeeeze off a shot.

My 2d worth.

The super is a strikingly handsome camera

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the RE Super. Not only is it better looking, better made and better handling, it's also one of the historically significant 35mm SLR cameras. Its meter-on-mirror system was one of the first commercially successful TTL metering applications. Yes, keep it, use it, treasure it.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Keep the RE Super. Not only is it better looking, better made and better handling, it's also one of the historically significant 35mm SLR cameras. Its meter-on-mirror system was one of the first commercially successful TTL metering applications. Yes, keep it, use it, treasure it.

I wasn't aware of that. mmm perhaps I'd change my mind. Seriously.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's always great to be confirmed in one's own opinion.
I keep the RE super and try to sell the other.
1000 thanks for your help Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RE-2 (Beseler D-1) is known for a weak link between the shutter speed dial and the Copal shutter that fails. There's no weak links in the RE-Super (Beseler Super D).