Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Will my lenses work in F-301/N2000?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Will my lenses work in F-301/N2000? Reply with quote

I'm planning to buy nikon F-301/n2000 body and I want to know if my lenses fit to it?

I have Nikkor AF 50mm f1.8D and old Nikkor 105mm f2.5 http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/n10525.jpg (I think it's type N according to this site http://www.photosynthesis.co.nz/nikon/lenses.html).

Of course the AF won't work in 50mm, but will the metering work with these lenses? What about with other bodies like Nikon EM or FG (which I could get in pretty good price)?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All three will take and meter with any AI (or AI'd) or later lens - 1976 ish onwards or modified older lenses. AF lenses will work fine but obviously with the aperture ring less G lenses you're a bit limited Smile

The F301 is a nice camera (I had one for a while and liked it) but the lack of dof preview (as with the other two you mention) puts me off them. The EM is auto only which can be limiting.

If you're after a reasonably priced old Nikon I'd recommend looking at FE , FM or EL2 as all three will also take unmodified AI lenses and have those extra touches such as dof preview.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your lens has those solid rather than perforated 'ears' it's probably pre-Ai and would need modifying to use on the three cameras you mention.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I considered one of those, but ended up doing with an N8008s. Yes it's a big evil autofocus body, but the most of the lenses I use with it are manual focus (I just love my Series E 70-210 f/4) In fact the only AF lens I own (the 50mm f/1.8D) spends most of it's time on my manual body (my Nikon FG) where the two make a great lightweight pair.