Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 2/50 + praktica mat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Pancolar 2/50 + praktica mat Reply with quote

I bought this lens at an online auction site some days ago, I also asked for info about it in a thread here, and I received it today.
The Praktica is a bit bulky compared to the fujicas I'm used to, but together with the lens it makes a nice combo, IMHO.

Here it is:

I just had the chance to shoot a couple of snaps with my dslr, but the lens looks really promising.
Here's a 100% crop, f4 at minimum focus distance, handheld with windy weather (not perfectly focused, but it seems sharp to me: no sharpening or any other PP applied):

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good lens, camera if works okay, usable, not fine works like Takumar or Fujica, cheap mass produced product to make photography to everyone available in Eastern block! Congrats to your new gem, I love this lens really a lot.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
A very good lens, camera if works okay, usable, not fine works like Takumar or Fujica, cheap mass produced product to make photography to everyone available in Eastern block! Congrats to your new gem, I love this lens really a lot.

Thanks Attila: I don't think i Will use the body much, I don't shoot film often and in those occasion my Fujicas (st801 and az1) are just perfect for my needs.
But it looks good together with the lens, which so far seems like a keeper.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sure hard to beat 801, that is my favorite M42 body also. Nice to have this Mat as collection member.