Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A day out with my Dad
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: A day out with my Dad Reply with quote

Took my dad's 1958 Rover P4 for a spin, took my 1950s Graflex with me, loaded with 1989 Ilford FP4. Light was great for a change. Developed in Microdol-X 1:6 for 20mins at 25C. Why 1:6 instead of 1:3? I only has enough Microdol left to do 1:6 and I accidentally overexposed the roll by 3.5 stops. Came out nicely though, if a little dense. No PP on these other than a slight tweak of brightness and contrast after scanning as the very dense negs fooled my scanner a bit. First 3 with Schneider Xenar 3.5/105, last 3 with Schneider Angulon 6.8/65.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful series , I love each of them!

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, a bit of sunshine makes all the difference.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always love the shots of your dads car, the last shot is very dramatic.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, everyone love my dad's car for some reason. Smile

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you know Rovers then these "Auntie`s" always have appeal a hark back to when more things were made with craftmanship and built to last

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, she was built by craftsmen. With proper maintenance and care, no reason she wouldn't last another 50 years and more. Sadly I am no mechanic so after my dad's day, I think I'll have to find a good home for her where she will be looked after and cared for. I'll miss the old girl but I couldn't look after her.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, if i lived back in England again i would buy that car, there are a few over here in the "Colonies"Very Happy

Clive

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice series and I especially like the last two.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys. There are a surprising number of P4s left, there is a strong community of owners in the UK and there are always a few to be seen at car shows. Built to last. A neighbour reversed into my Dad's P4 last year, caved the rear driver's side door in. After a fair bit of swearing, by dad stripped the inner lining off the door, stuck his knee against the bent metal and popped the dent out. Luckily the metal hadn't been creased of torn, just bent inwards and after some minor sanding and painting, you couldn't tell it had ever been bent. Try that with a modern car, you'd need a new door.