Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ultron 35mm f1.7 Leica screw NOW SOLD
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Ultron 35mm f1.7 Leica screw NOW SOLD Reply with quote

My thanks to all those who enquired but the lens is now sold

I'm selling my 35mm f1.7 Ultron which has lived on my Bessa R. That's now in the cameras for sale section. I'm not using the Bessa these days and have two other rangefinder 35mm lenses so it makes little sense to hang onto this one.

The lens is in optically and mechanically fine condition, although the cosmetics are a little "challenged" Wink

Optics are free from scratches, fungus and fogging - no issues at all. Focus is smooth, iris is clean and oil-free with nice firm click stops. No signs that anyone's ever had it apart. Rangefinder coupling is fine on the Bessa and also on my Leica M2. It's also good on my M8. Performance is good wide open - Erwin Puts, the celebrated Dutch writer on all things Leica, thought it performed as well as the Leica pre-aspheric 35mm Summicrons when he tested it. Stopped down it's as sharp as anyone could want. It's now out of production.

With suitable adapters it can be used on M4/3 and NEX, and of course M series Leicas and everything else that can take a Leica lens.

I bought it secondhand maybe seven years ago. It was cosmetically challenged then but it's never got any worse since. No doubt that it's largely made of brass!

Complete with lens hood (as shown) and front and rear covers.

The example pictures were taken on a Lumix G1, distance around 4 feet, at full aperture. Focus point was on "Lord Nelson".

Price GBP £150 plus shipping at actual cost.

Last edited by scsambrook on Sun May 05, 2013 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks an excellent opportunity, hard to resist.