Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My "not so well"-developed Film
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: My "not so well"-developed Film Reply with quote

These are pictures from the film, and I thougth that there wouldn´t be any good results on it, so I was positively surprised with the results. They were shot in a very dark concert hall with a frame-spacing-problem having Pentacon Six with a Zeiss Biometar 120mm at 2.8 at Tmax 400 pushed to 1600 in Tetenal Ultrafin. The Problem was the developing time, which was at 12minutes ways to short :/
I scanned on my Canoscan 8600 @ 1200Dpi, with Vuescan, and processed the Raws in Photoshop.
I hope you like them, at least I do Razz

#1 I know, pretty grainy one Smile

#3 I really like this one, I think it shows the energy and fun of the bassist. Slightly missfocussed, but hey, my Biometar is not the fastest with focus Very Happy

#5 This one came out pretty smooth I guess Very Happy

By the way, this band was amazing. Their set was completly instrumental, but they have an amzing sound!

Cheers,
Timo

P.S.: The shutterspeeds were between 1/30 and 1/60 Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First is a bit to grainy for me but the others are nice. Really capture that gritty grungy live band atmosphere. Maybe all gig shots should be done on pushed b&w film Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fot the kind words, I have absolutly no idea why the first came out soo grainy Wink
But I think, with the PP the scanned results from the strip, which was close to beeing clear came out good Wink
Cheers, timo