Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Contax G to NEX adapter with AF function
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Contax G to NEX adapter with AF function Reply with quote

I did not know it exist until now!

http://www.mxcamera.com/DEO/product_info.php?products_id=50 Surprised

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I saw that about a month ago. At $300 the price is too high IMHO and it attaches one to e-mount, something that I don't like. If one wants top performing AF lenses, then m4/3 is the way to go, incidentally $300 is awfully close to the price of many m4/3 star lenses, such as 45/1.8 Zuiko and 20/1.7 Pany.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been watching it but seems they cannot produce enough adapters even for the first pre-order batch.
So let see what the users will report.

It will be nice to have a m4/3 version but still even if the Nex one is good it makes sense to buy the adapter and Nex body.
I doubt any modern lens comes even close to Contax G primes, and there is a new trend now - to convert Leica M lenses to Contax G - it was the other way around before Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:

I doubt any modern lens comes even close to Contax G primes

Well what about Zeiss ZM lenses? Wink