Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Candid shots with the Olympus XZ-1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Candid shots with the Olympus XZ-1 Reply with quote

It seems the small cams have more attraction to me as "just to use" tools...

Sad situation, I couldn't resist to shot it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a nice shot, the subject matter is sad.
Did he know you took the photo? I am tempted when I am in the city to take these types of shots but I can never do it.Maybe the smaller camera is the key.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent range of tones.

As far as I know, the XZ-1 is the top-of-the-range Olympus compact so for me it'd definitely be more than a simple carry everywhere tool. I'd want to make the most out of it just like you did here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
It is a nice shot, the subject matter is sad.
Did he know you took the photo? I am tempted when I am in the city to take these types of shots but I can never do it.Maybe the smaller camera is the key.

Hi Mo, thanks for your comment. No he didn't notice me. I don't like to intrude in the other people life. I noticed that man pushing an overcharged wheelbarrow and I followed him. Since he was advancing very slowly, I overpassed him and got hidden in a lateral lane, waiting for him to appear. My surprise was that he left down the barrow and went to the garbage can, so I could shot completely unnoticed. Definitely, the small size of the cam helps a lot.

Yebisu wrote:
Excellent range of tones.

As far as I know, the XZ-1 is the top-of-the-range Olympus compact so for me it'd definitely be more than a simple carry everywhere tool. I'd want to make the most out of it just like you did here.

Thanks for your kind comment, Yebisu. It's a pity that I've just "lost" the XZ-1. My daughter came past weekend and reminded me I recently offered her a digicam and now she needed one for her work. So I gave it her...

For me was just entertainment, for her is work Smile

Needless to say she's very happy with the XZ-1 and I'm still happy with the Pentax-Q Wink