Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ultrafine Extreme 400 / Fuji GM670
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Ultrafine Extreme 400 / Fuji GM670 Reply with quote

The Fuji doesn't feel so large in use, actually, except when my eye is trying to find the vf in all that expanse of metal Smile - it's further up and to the left than I'm used to.

Oh - the other thing that I find funny - here's this big slab of camera with a big fat lens, and the shutter sound is a tiny little 'tic'. Very quiet.

Ultrafine Extreme 400 is a terrible name for a film; but it has good quality and is cheap, which puts it on the "Good Film" list for me. Developed in straight D-76.

Here are some pics from the first roll; I have Ektar in the camera now, just trying to get some decent weather and something to shoot.

Waiting at Newark Broad by Nesster, on Flickr

Pushing the car, Hoboken by Nesster, on Flickr

number six by Nesster, on Flickr

Iron Horse / Master Lock by Nesster, on Flickr
1200 dpi scan here: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8383/8669949502_d68154859e_o.jpg

I also managed to get a Fujinon SW S 65mm f/8 (!!) with finder for an excellent price, hope to have it in my grubby little hands by the weekend. I'm a happy shopper this month Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures came out great.

Is the VF bright in this big boy?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a destrier, not a palfrey, you mounted it well. Wink I find the results from this cheap film rather dazzling, especially for
an ISO 400 film...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, Bill, I had to google the term.

Here is a pic of the camera with the 65/8 mounted this morning, I took 2 rolls of Ektar in the Sopranos part of NJ - Belleville, Newark, Kearney...

Fujca GM670 / Fujinon SW S 65mm f8 by Nesster, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see it's replete with the appropriate viewfinder, looks like parallax lines in it, too. Looking forward to the wide shots and Ektar.