Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax A 50mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Pentax A 50mm Reply with quote

So this is the first lens for my Pentax K10 with the "A," body controlled aperture setting.

Feels like a new camera. What with proper exposure modes and all sorts of wing wang! Talk about luxury!

Anyway to celebrate I made you all a stamp Razz

Out of Ink

And since its a proper 50mm without a yellow stained piece of glass (as is the case with my Takumars), her is some free colour Razz

Gotham, er Batman.. Er Melbourne

Going away to twiddle all my nobs now.

Last edited by tromboads on Sat May 11, 2013 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff! I have one and think it's woefully under-rated. Well, both the lens and the camera!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And one of the most important things with A-lenses:
all the flash modes work!

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing You know that was the first thing i did.

Hooked up the flash and shoot same frames. Scrolling through the images im seeing, Blow highlight , blow image, no light WTF

In the magic surrounding the "a" setting I forgot completely that my little Pentax AF200s flash box is most certainly not TTL Laughing Laughing

But if i ever lash out and buy an updated flash box. .. .. Razz

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tromboads wrote:
Laughing You know that was the first thing i did.

Hooked up the flash and shoot same frames. Scrolling through the images im seeing, Blow highlight , blow image, no light WTF

In the magic surrounding the "a" setting I forgot completely that my little Pentax AF200s flash box is most certainly not TTL Laughing Laughing

But if i ever lash out and buy an updated flash box. .. .. Razz

Well, to tell you the truth... I have a modern flash also, but my most used flash is AF-280T which doesn't work as a TTL flash (it does with ist*D and ist*Ds, why did you have to change this Pentax?).

Usually the automatic mode enough for me and there's no pre-flash causing eye issues Smile.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dam straight. and sh1t. Its not to hard to read the guide on the back of a flash after all Razz

*hugs his old metz45*