Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Some Sample Pics from Spiratone Plura-Coat 28mm F/2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Some Sample Pics from Spiratone Plura-Coat 28mm F/2 Reply with quote

Picked up this lens for a steal of a deal with a M42 to M4/3 adapter thrown in for free! which turned out to be great because a week later I grabbed a E-PM1 for another amazing price...

Anyway, I have seen this lens fetch insane prices on ebay over the last year or so... I watched on sell for $325 and another for a little under $300 So I was excited to get it on my new PEN and get some RAW files cookin!

Here ya GO!

Let me know what you think of this lens, and if anyone has one.

Also give me some tips on PP, as I have said, I am new at this and at this time I am only using aperture, what are you guys using? Adobe CS6? Are there any good plug ins available for aperture? or should I just save up for CS6?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovely photos and nice rendition by the lens.

you can pick up photoshop cs2 for free. its worth giving it a go to see if cs6 is worth bothering with. they are about 99.9% the same

here is link, copy the serial while its downloading.

http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

thanks to visualopsins for this link

Edit: One member mentioned it can be difficult installing it on anything newer than Win XP, read this: http://forum.mflenses.com/download-entire-adobe-cs2-software-suite-for-free-t55868,highlight,%2Badobe+%2Bcs2.html

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mac, Will it work on that?

Come on... no one else has any info on this lens?

No one ever used one...

Any idea if its a re-branded lens... maybe by Kiron... idk.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimithing616 wrote:

Come on... no one else has any info on this lens?

No one ever used one...

Any idea if its a re-branded lens... maybe by Kiron... idk.

If this is the lens it is marketed/maked by Mitake.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23755697@N04/8406831164/in/photostream/

This is the same same with the Formula 5 brand.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Formula-5-28mm-F2-0-MC-Mount-by-Mitake-No-221278-Japan-/390533657598

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it is the Mitake... mine says mitake on it. Ha.

The formula 5 however.. I don't agree. I know a lot of formula 5 lenses are Mitake made, but not all of them... I have a few Formula 5's and I dont think they are all Mitake made...

That and the Formula 5 in the photo bears absolutely no resemblance to the Mitake Spiratone I have. Usually when the formula 5's (such as the 135 1.8 I have) are made by mitake, they look identical to the Mitake spiratone versions, which as I mentioned my 135 1.8 does, and so does my Formula 5 zoom lens. Cant recall the zoom range, It is at home and I haven't been able to use it as the focus ring has become disengaged and it needs to go into surgery.

Anyway, point is I am having a hard time believing the Formula 5 28mm in the link is the same as the Mitake Spiratone... What makes you think it is? ... Certainly I could be wrong. It has happened before Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting lens! Could you take some photos with it stopped down a bit, perhaps some landscapes? It's certainly not my cup of tea wide open...edges look soft and the bokeh is a bit, um, different Laughing Well done for getting it for a low price, it's not so easy to get interesting lenses for low prices these days.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimithing616 wrote:
I agree it is the Mitake... mine says mitake on it. Ha.

The formula 5 however.. I don't agree. I know a lot of formula 5 lenses are Mitake made, but not all of them... I have a few Formula 5's and I dont think they are all Mitake made...

That and the Formula 5 in the photo bears absolutely no resemblance to the Mitake Spiratone I have. Usually when the formula 5's (such as the 135 1.8 I have) are made by mitake, they look identical to the Mitake spiratone versions, which as I mentioned my 135 1.8 does, and so does my Formula 5 zoom lens. Cant recall the zoom range, It is at home and I haven't been able to use it as the focus ring has become disengaged and it needs to go into surgery.

Anyway, point is I am having a hard time believing the Formula 5 28mm in the link is the same as the Mitake Spiratone... What makes you think it is? ... Certainly I could be wrong. It has happened before Wink

I just want to said this particular 28mm F2 by Mitake are rebranded to Spiratone and Formula 5. If you look at the serial number of both lens, they are very close(both are 221xxx). The barrel are very similar and they both share 62mm filter size. It is hard not to believe they are not the same lens.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:

you can pick up photoshop cs2 for free

While there were some early reports of Adobe giving CS2 for free, they clarified later that the downloads and serials are only intended for people who have bought the software. So basically it's not really different from downloading a “warez” version of the software—if the purpose is to evaluate before buying, one might just as well get CS6 from piratebay.

jimithing616 wrote:

There are Mac versions on the site, but chances are that they will no longer work if your Mac and OS X are fairly recent—the CS2 version was for Macs with PowerPC processors, not Intel.

As for what post-processing software to use, you can currently download and try the Lightroom 5 beta for free—you can do most of what most photographers do with Photoshop in Lightroom nowadays. Personally I use Apple's Aperture (similar to lightroom, in my opinion much nicer user interface)… And Photoshop CS6 for maybe 10% where I want to do some “advanced” processing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not impressive at all to me, but with proper PP result can be improve a lot. Thank you for sharing!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any lens with those parameters (2/2Cool is a nice-to-have!