Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What about this Pentax....?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: What about this Pentax....? Reply with quote

I have a opportunity to buy this Pentax kit.
Pentax, spejlrefleks, Pentax ASAHI KM ca. 30 year old, but in good working condition
Pentax-M 1:3,5 28 mm
Pentax 1:1.8/55
Bag

It looks like SMC lenses, and I have been looking for a film camera for a while, what about this one..?

Can anyone see if it is a M42 mount..?

What is a fair price to offer..? I now the owner and of course I want to make a good deal, but on the other hand I do not want to "steel" it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the advanced version of the K1000, with dof preview and a couple of other additions. goes for a similar price, and also takes K mount lenses. Nice camera.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some infos: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/pentax/pentax_km/pentax_km.htm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys. Fast as always Smile

Just to be sure, it is K-mount yes?
Any idea about a fair price?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is K-mount. As said above, it is a better feature camera than the K1000, for its depth of field preview. I understand that the K1000 has been getting higher prices because it is "well known", so there might be a good bargain in getting the KM.

According to past listings on eBay, the KM body is going for $38 to $65.

Also, check out this good site: http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/

Hope this helps!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
It's the advanced version of the K1000, with dof preview and a couple of other additions. goes for a similar price, and also takes K mount lenses. Nice camera.

It is simplified version Pentax KX.