Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina at-x pro 28mm-70mm f=2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Tokina at-x pro 28mm-70mm f=2.8 Reply with quote

Hi,

I got a Tokina at-x pro 28mm-70mm f=2.8 (pk)

Now i wonder if my lens is faulty. at the short end 28mm the iris is a tiny bit closed.
Is this to keep the f=2.8 or a fault ? (at 70mm the iris is fully open).

anyone has this lens ? ( i got the pro 1 not the 2 but ive read they are almost identical).

if its a fault i might get i cleaned and repaired.

Ty

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it 2.8 or 2.6-2.8 version?

edit: I have Canon version Pro 2 2.6-2.8. It looks slightly closed between about 28 and 50.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Ty for the response ,It is the 2.6-2.8 (2.8 is the same lens just differnt diferent marketing)
So i gues its a construction choice. Yeay Smile its working as intendet.

Do you like this lens ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is really good, use it mostly. Only real problem is not focusing very close. Very heavy and with a metal screw-on hood you must take care not to hit anyone or anything with it. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw in hood? Than u have the pro 1 i think ^^

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarelDH wrote:
Screw in hood? Than u have the pro 1 i think ^^

No it is Pro 2. I have the petal hood too but I use mainly a generic metal screw-in hood.