Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 35 1.9
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 35 1.9 Reply with quote

Hi!

Here are some shots I've taken with the Vivitar 35 1.9. Mine is in Konica AR mount. The glass is flawless, the body is a bit used.

This post is in response to hifisapi's post: http://forum.mflenses.com/does-anyone-have-a-vivitar-35mm-f1-9-t59803.html

These shots show the character of the lens, for better and a bit for worse. I like the rendering of the lens, though sometimes it is a bit hard to focus, and is definitely prone to flare in bright sunny conditions (see #3 below). These shots are essentially un-cropped and unprocessed: E-M5 raw into LR4 for jpeg conversion and resizing, with the exception of nos. 4 and 5, which I accidentally shot in jpeg only. For each shot I've included a 1024-size shot, and also a full-size shot as a click-through behind it.

I'm interested in whatever criticism and conversation this posting would naturally elicit, so let me know what you think.

Enjoy!

#1. Awake baby. Beautiful rendering. Focus is on his right eye.

#2. Flower cluster. Shows OOF transitions. Take a look at the tiny insect on the center-right flower.

#3. Two girls and a boy. Demonstration of flare causing veiling and loss of contrast.

#4. At the dentist. Look at her left eye for a demonstration of resolution. Accidentally shot in jpeg.

#5. Back of chair. OOF rendering is very creamy. Accidentally shot in jpeg.

#6. Bike trailer mount. Resolution, detail, light and shadow. Not too many sins here.

#7. Two girls running. Nothing is entirely in focus, but it shows the lens character in actual use very well. Look for glow around the somewhat-OOF white socks.

#8. One girl running. Similar to #7, above.

#9. Baby with saucers. Beautiful colors and focus transitions.

Last edited by glasslover on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be a very good lens,I should get mine with T3 in a couple of days and looking forward to using it.