Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

the old reliable epson RD-1 15cv
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: the old reliable epson RD-1 15cv Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm always amazed at the performance of this 6mp camera! and it seems the perfect mate fir that kens, which, btw, i was disappointed in coupled with my gxr m mount...
tony

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony, i am of the same opinion, i sometimes forget how good this is it is the colour and bw rendering that is so good must be the good old ccd sensor, i find you hardly ever have to do any PP. , i have only one lens i do need to get another CV lens, probably 28mm which works out to 35mm, some people really like the M Rokkor lens with this, the 40mm.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I see examples from the RD1 I'm impressed.

It's a camera I'd love to try sometime.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you do get to use one the user operation is satisfying just like using a film camera, the analogue sweep dials set it apart for visual use

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful pictures! Congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy using these cameras, their ooc results are really very good indeed, decent high iso, good b+w and so on.
It goes to show that just because technology advances, older kit doesn't suddenly become obsolete.
Epson/Cosina had a winner here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was looking at it the other day and realized we are so quick to go on to other cameras not possibly exploring all the in an outs. i found that out now have 13 cameras to much GAS!! Cool