Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon M42 lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Fujinon M42 lenses Reply with quote

How to use Fujinon M42 lenses on a SONY NEX with an 'M42 to nex' adapter? As most of these lenses have an Auto aperture type and no A/M switch, you can only shoot wide open. Is there a possibility to stop down and block that pin?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The easiest solution is cut down a piece of rubber of appropriate size and wedge it between the lens pin and the shelf on the camera side of the adapter. Good sources of rubber are erasers and old shoe soles.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adapter with flange available on Ebay for little money, I did use successfully with 35mm f1.9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks both for your reply. Fermy' s solution is worth trying. On the other hand Atilla, I looked on eBay for a m42-nex adapter with flang, but couldn't find any. Could you point out one?

ps: I bought my first fujinon lens (ebc x-fujinon macro 55mm 3.5) with bajonett mount and IQ is really stunning. The solution to the auto aperture was this and it worked:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quidam wrote:
Thanks both for your reply. Fermy' s solution is worth trying. On the other hand Atilla, I looked on eBay for a m42-nex adapter with flang, but couldn't find any. Could you point out one?

Here's one:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M42-Lens-Sony-E-Mount-Adapter-NEX5-NEX-3-Adjustable-/120738803015?pt=UK_Photography_CameraLenses_Lens_caps_hoods_adaptors_ET&hash=item1c1c97ed47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quidam wrote:

ps: I bought my first fujinon lens (ebc x-fujinon macro 55mm 3.5) with bajonett mount and IQ is really stunning. The solution to the auto aperture was this and it worked:

I hope you realize that that is not an M42 Fujinon, though, but an X-mount Fujinon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done.

Tjhe M42 fujinon are similar to the S.Takumar. IMHO the SMC have better coating than the fujinons M42.

In the line, the SF 4/85 fujinon is a different portrait lens, nice to try, I guess.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Arkku,

I know, but I intend to buy a fujinon 55mm f1.8 too and as most of these lenses on eBay do have a m42 mount, I was wondering how to solve that pin-problem.

Thanks to all

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quidam wrote:

I know, but I intend to buy a fujinon 55mm f1.8 too and as most of these lenses on eBay do have a m42 mount, I was wondering how to solve that pin-problem.

Ok, just making sure you don't get the wrong adapter. =)

With M42 the easiest way is indeed to get an adapter with the flange that presses in the pin. Another way is to open up the lens and insert a piece of plastic tube (e.g., cut from a cotton swab) over the pin to hold it down, but the 55mm f/1.8 in particular is difficult to open (except the very first non-EBC version).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered such an adapter, although I already own a couple of m42 adapters, but without flange.
I modified a Helios lens the way you describe, by opening the back of the lens and insert a piece of plactic tube of a stylo, in order to hold the pin down. It works perfectly. With the Fujinon 55mm 1.8 however, I have no experience.