Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sun Optics 85-210 Test -- ISO 500
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Sun Optics 85-210 Test -- ISO 500 Reply with quote

I forgot to switch my camera to ISO 100, so there's a little noise in these shots. Here are some tests from the Sun Optics 85-210 I picked up last week.

I tried infinity focus and close, all at f8. I tried other apertures, but didn't keep the images. They were basically the same (softer toward f4.5)

Nice details on a tree that's a mile or so away.

Yay for grass!

This is in the parking lot and the leaves are basically individually discernable, so that's nifty.

Hey, where are you going?

At 100% crop, we can see he's going over there.

Overall, an above-average performer and probably darn good by it's era's standards. I haven't decided if I'll keep it. THe T-mount adapter over-screws about 1/3 of a rotation on it, so it sits on the camera as an odd angle. That's tough only because there's a big pistol grip hanging off to the side. Oh yeah, and I have to hold the pistol trigger down to close the shutter.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: Sun Optics 85-210 Test -- ISO 500 Reply with quote

David wrote:
Overall, an above-average performer and probably darn good by it's era's standards. I haven't decided if I'll keep it. THe T-mount adapter over-screws about 1/3 of a rotation on it, so it sits on the camera as an odd angle. That's tough only because there's a big pistol grip hanging off to the side. Oh yeah, and I have to hold the pistol trigger down to close the shutter.

Very Happy

T2 adapter has 3 grub screws -- loosen those, turn lens vertical, re-tighten. That adjustment is the "2" part of "T2" -- the original T mount had no adjustment, supposedly -- nobody here has ever seen one (right?) -- because unlike M42, there is/was no standard rotational specification for T2 lenses or Telescopes or T-mount lab equipment, etc....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense! I have to decide if I'm going to keep this lens or not. If so, I'll just pick up a T2 adapter for it. It seems pretty darn sharp, though.