Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon Coolpix S3100 Digital Compact
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Nikon Coolpix S3100 Digital Compact Reply with quote

Two similar photos, taken so see what the picture quality is like outside. 1 slightly cropped to remove distracting section of a parked car and both resized downwards as 14MP photos are quite big. I believe some in-camera sharpening takes place, but can't find any way to switch it off. Camera set at full resolution and standard colour. Viewing full size on my monitor, the image rolls off the sides and top and sharpening artifacts are very noticeable on high contrast edges. It was a reasonably priced compact, about £130 when launched, and I can't see anything bad to complain about in image quality, but I hate the auto-focus in all settings!

Plessey Road, Blyth 1 by skida, on Flickr

Plessey Road, Blyth 2 by skida, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks very good!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila. It reminds me of a lot of Japanese motorbikes: It does everything perfectly but there's nothing to love about it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skida wrote:
Thanks Attila. It reminds me of a lot of Japanese motorbikes: It does everything perfectly but there's nothing to love about it.

I disagree, being a long term Honda fan Very Happy

At least you probably have as many part at the end of the ride as at the beginning ... contrary to what is being told about a certain American brand Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eeyore_nl wrote:
skida wrote:

I disagree, being a long term Honda fan Very Happy

I have owned a CBR600 and it was perfect (yawn). I have owned 4 variations of Triumph 955i s and never stopped smiling, even though they were imperfect. My good lady has an early 80s Honda VF750F Magna (sports engine in a cruiser frame) and it is the most characterful Honda I have ever ridden. When I was living in London I was lent a Honda C50 and had more fun on it than should be allowed on a 50. I currently have a Suzuki Bandit 600 (until I can afford my real bike) and it is very good.

Modern Harleys are now reputed to be reliable, but a lot of them are ridden by pretend bikers who don't know a thing about maintenance. They aren't my cup of tea, but it is good to see one ridden by someone who knows how.