Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The use of tilt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: The use of tilt Reply with quote

The most value added for me when buying a mirror less body is a tilt adapter -
when I want all faces in focus, use with long focals, short distance and large aperture openings.

Here use with sony nex, tilt adapter, pentax 85mm f2, almost max tilt.

Same lens, same distance, same aperture but with no tilt.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, that's exactly what tilt is for. Of course, it has other uses, but I thought this was the original idea behind it.
I stand to be corrected. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which tilt-adapter do you recommend for M42? Is this any good Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also saw some less attractive portraits using tilt lately Very Happy
Like all tools, it should not over done. I like my photos coming out naturally unnoticable.

Riku,
I have 2 tilt adapters both bought from EzFoto, amazon.com, for a while back, one for pentax, one for nikkor. For m42 mount, I am using pentax m42-K adapter on.

When using with nikkor 28/3.5 shift, it becomes an ultimate cityscape tool.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which focal lengths do you find most useful for tilt use? If tilt is used as depth of field control in low light, would it be good with 50/1.4?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riku wrote:
Which focal lengths do you find most useful for tilt use? If tilt is used as depth of field control in low light, would it be good with 50/1.4?

the widest i have used is 20mm at close range, wide and fast is 35/1.4 ais at f1.4. the fastest normal is pentax 50/1.2 at f1.2 with great outcome. the longest is 135mm and often around 85-90mm. also perfect for small items macro. depends on the distance, fstops can be selected to suite the subjects. two persons are ok, but three or more would be very difficult to line up all faces in one line.