Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

pentacon 50mm F1.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: pentacon 50mm F1.8 Reply with quote

Taken with Canon 7D and pentacon 50mm F1.8 [M42] at F2.8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nurkov,

I have the same lens but can't go so close, what did you use for macro?

[]s,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with this picture nothing it's naked glass and full frame no crop, this lens has quite close focus of 0.33 m. Maybe it depends on a version mine is Pentacon auto 1.8/50 Multi Coating. It looks like that:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good to me. It does focus close for a 50, doesn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took some shots, and barely as close as yours but wait: the last Canon i had was also a 7D and the crop factor was 1.6... Or, otherwise you shoot a giant flower. Laughing

I'll download the images i took later and post here. The M42 copy i have here is almost the same as yours, i own also 2 more in PB mount, which i'll try also for the near-macro-hidden function,

[]s,

Renato

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the same flower taken from 1.8m witk mitakon 135mm F2.8 so you can get a scale of it Smile
And yes as for the 50mm is focusing really close, really nice and under rated lens.

Last edited by nurkov on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand when you use macro tubes you get something like that, taken at F11 with pentacon Smile full frame no crop

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna have to dust mine off and give it a serious blast.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for the pentacon. I've got a couple in different guises and they are all great. but shhh not so loudly. Razz