Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First ever self developed film Ilford PAN 400
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: First ever self developed film Ilford PAN 400 Reply with quote

All pics taken with Minolta XG-2, Ilford PAN 400, Minolta 50mm F1.7 or Sigma 28mm F2.8. It was maybe 4th roll in my life and first self developed in my kitchen last night. I am quite pleased with the results. What do you think guys?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right to feel pleased,

Looks very good!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look excellent to me.

I've got a film developing kit coming in the post in a few days. If I get results half as good as these, I'll be pleased.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, what developer did you use ? Time, dilution, temp ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ID-11 in powder, used it stock, temp was 25 C and a time don't remeber now but I use an app on my phone to tell me the times Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like, congratulations --- and these are excellent photographs too!

Wink Just beware of the Curse of the Third Roll when developing it...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to see more people using film and self-processing. Brilliant results, many congratulations!

I can see a feint circle of brighter tone in the sky in the first pic and I was wondering what it might be. The hazy sun shows
there was a light cloud cover and it could simply be that, but is it possible there was some variation in development? How did
you do the agitation?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
It's great to see more people using film and self-processing. Brilliant results, many congratulations!

I can see a feint circle of brighter tone in the sky in the first pic and I was wondering what it might be. The hazy sun shows
there was a light cloud cover and it could simply be that, but is it possible there was some variation in development? How did
you do the agitation?

It was a sun and a glare in the water, I took pictures maybe a week ago late afternoon we had a bit of sun here in England maybe first time this year. The snowy ones were taken in Poland.
I was following an app on my phone which I set to agitation every 15s, which I regretted but never mind Smile. Glad you guys like those.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:

I've got a film developing kit coming in the post in a few days. If I get results half as good as these, I'll be pleased.

Smile +1