Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Technical KMZ 28/2 on the Sony NEX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Technical KMZ 28/2 on the Sony NEX Reply with quote

Unidentified technical lens manufactured by KMZ:

It's normal(not wide angle) 28mm lens with planar-biotar(Helios) type optical design and aperture range f/2-f/3.5. Used, maybe, in the microfilm reading device. As the normal lens it must cover frame with diagonal closer to the focal length, that includes cine film frame and APS-C size sensor. Distance between rear lens and image plane when focused at infinity about 20mm, so it do not fit to any DSLR, only for "mirrorless" cameras.
I'm implanted this 28/2 lens to the barrel of the worthless korean 28/2.8, adapted for Sony NEX(подробнее по-русски - http://nukemall.livejournal.com/60553.html).

Now this lens have aperture f/2 - f/8, connected the aperture ring, and Sony NEX mount.

Some samples:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice conversion, impressive results!

I don't suppose there are more of these lenses available somewhere?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have three more(not converted). Smile

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take one!!!! Smile
This blows my Industar 69 out of the water, congrats on the nice find.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Congrats! Super power in crap coat ! Stunning indeed!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the open aperture(f/2) this lens not so good - noticeable vignetting and weak contrast, low resolution at the corners, this aperture only for indoor low-light shooting. At f/8 corners much better, but not razor-sharp.

f/2 not corrected:

f/2, corrected vignetting, contrast and colors:

f/8:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very very nice conversion and interesting find!
It reminds me a bit to Fujinon 35/1.8 (C-Mount CCTV lens) wide open
Center performance looks good but corner bad even on 1.5x APSC - I'm I would guess it's made for 16mm film, CCTV or similar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compared to CCTV lenses it much better even wide open. If this lens for microfilm reading device - it will work with 18x24mm frame size at about 1:10 reproduction ratio, weak corners in this case not so noticeable.