Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens recommendations.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Lens recommendations. Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm a film shooter (and digi but that's another story) and am always looking for lenses. I've got Konica,Nikon and Minolta bodies in order to utilise the lenses available from these marques, I have a 55mm 1.2 on the Nikon which is about as exotic as it gets for me. Are there any (semi) affordable recommendations I could be going for, generally in the 20-135mm range? Things like the Nikkor 105mm 2.5 or say a Vivitar series one? What about hanimex,soligor among others? I've been reading a little bit about Automatik Weitwinkel 28mm 2.5 lens but the translation from German doesn't tell me a great deal but it 'looks' an interesting lens, anyone know about it? Or the Soligor 28mm 2.8 ?
Any good choices to be had out there in lens land?
Thanks for reading.

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor 24/2.8 is not too expensive and a very good lens, at least on my DSLR. I own the Ai version.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lena wrote:
Nikkor 24/2.8 is not too expensive and a very good lens, at least on my DSLR. I own the Ai version.

+1

I own the same lens and it always gives me very good results, i got my copy in excellent condition for 60 GBP.

As for konica, Ian (iangreehalgh1) can give you more advice as he owns quite a good (and big) collection of hexanon lenses.