Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bokina - Tokina 90 f/2.5 AT-X issue
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Bokina - Tokina 90 f/2.5 AT-X issue Reply with quote

I've just received this lens. Great price. Mint condition body and glass.

however, there is an issue. The aperture lock switch doesn't seem to be working. along with this, the aperture clicks seem to be a little too dampened/stiff.

Can owners of this lens describe the condition of the aperture ring? I've owned loads of lenses in the past, but this one seems to be a little off in the aperture ring. If this is normal, I'll just leave the broken aperture lock and deal with the other issue.

Beautiful lens, playing around at my desk office I can already tell that the optics are amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what mount is it?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MD. I compared it with some other MD lenses, the clicks are similar. I guess I'm overly worried because the aperture lock is broken.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would figure out how to live with it, since you got it at a good price. They don't come along every day.

I'm not familiar with how Minolta mount lenses work, but my PK/A version seems like most any other lens (not stiff).

Worst case scenario, you could have a lens doctor take a look at it and see what it would cost to repair it to your satisfaction.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes good pictures!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could pass out from such fine bokeh.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bokina! Awesome!