Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 28mm 1:2.8 MC Wide Angle, spring flowers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 28mm 1:2.8 MC Wide Angle, spring flowers Reply with quote

The sun came out for a while so I took these shots. Had a hard time focusing on the flowers, I guess because of the sun reflecting off of their shiny surface. Please comment, give tips.
Also my elbow was killing me to get the shots!

Last edited by uddhava on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hear warming images, congrats! Seems spring is here , I did wait it so much!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice elbow-killing samples!
A good Vivitar is complete mystery to me: in my huge ignorance, i tinkered this lens was pure crap, but i have to admit that it's not at all.
I need to start digging into the Vivitar's index

Renato

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:
A good Vivitar is complete mystery to me: in my huge ignorance, i tinkered this lens was pure crap, but i have to admit that it's not at all.

Renato

Vivitars usually good enough to use them I did try many , none of them was crap. Some of them really above average like Series 1 lenses

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Hear warming images, congrats! Seems spring is here , I did wait it so much!

Thank you Attila! Yes and some sunny days coming this week. Smile Cool

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSalles wrote:

Renato

Thank you.
I used this Vivitar lens because the focusing distance was up to .23 meters. I was happy with the photos and colors,
although maybe I like the colors because I have gotten tired of the brown, grey and white of winter.

I think there many decent Vivitar lenses. You can find reviews herehttp://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/category-reviews-Vivitar-Lenses-for-Pentax.html

My lens is fine, nothing special, but I purchased it for only $25 I think.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 28 close focus Vivitar is one of the lenses I will never part with.

Snowdrops are hell to shoot, getting the exposure to show some detail on the white petals is hard, I often find that there is some detail / texture there when I reduce the highlights in PP. Yours are very nicely exposed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
The 28 close focus Vivitar is one of the lenses I will never part with.

Snowdrops are hell to shoot, getting the exposure to show some detail on the white petals is hard, I often find that there is some detail / texture there when I reduce the highlights in PP. Yours are very nicely exposed.

I'm glad to hear they are hard to shoot. I tried many diff. lenses and none were too good I thought.
Here's one with the Flektogon 2.8/35 which can also focus up close. I liked the highlights on this one.

Last edited by uddhava on Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most coloured flower petals show the lines and texture, but snowdrops just flare all that white light. I just bracket and pick the best. Wink