Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A tree in the city
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: A tree in the city Reply with quote

Hi!

I liked the juxtaposition of the gnarled tree and the city street scene. Raw to jpeg conversion done in LR4, no pp at all.

Which is best?

Cheers!

Click any of the below photos for a full-size version

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look like the same, same aperture, but different shoting heigh.
A bit difficult to view since they are not aligned in one screen.
Of there, I like best the last. The shoting angle also shows far background context of a city/street view.

You have a difficult subject: it is hard to get the whole tree in focus, and still have the background blurred.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Thanks for your answer.

- I believe that I used f2.8 for the first two photos, and f4 for the latter two.
- I'm pretty sure that I didn't change the position of my feet while taking the photos.
- I also like the last one best.
- I agree, this subject wasn't an easy one. I might have been able to do it more justice, given more time. But as it was, I just had fifteen minutes in the city after dropping someone off before I had to go back to work, and chose to spend that time doing some quick photography. I'm not 100% satisfied with the results, but I am, as always, glad to have gone through the process.

I often take quite a few very similar photos in a short period of time, so I can pick among them later. The way I figure it, disk space is almost free. This was my first time out with this very complicated lens, so I wasn't expecting anything spectacular.

Did you take a look at the full-size images?

Cheers!

hoanpham wrote:
They look like the same, same aperture, but different shoting heigh.
A bit difficult to view since they are not aligned in one screen.
Of there, I like best the last. The shoting angle also shows far background context of a city/street view.

You have a difficult subject: it is hard to get the whole tree in focus, and still have the background blurred.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did realize that you use canon 35mm TS lens.

I use tilt on sony nex, not every day use, but the DOF thickness of a tree still is a challenge.
I do like the smaller apertures to keep the background context.
My wide-open-use is for washing the background or lens testing only.

I also have 10-15min from day to day, going out quick snap shots with one lens.
Very Happy