Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 100mm f/2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD 100mm f/2.5 Reply with quote

Just picked this one up last week, on a local pinboard with ads there was one with "Canon camera for sale". Well, it wasn't a Canon, it was a Minolta X-700 with winder, 1.7/50, Tokina 70-210, auto 320X flash, and this one: MD 2.5/100.
This was what you could call a lucky find, because the owner really didn't have a clue, and said "yes, take it!" after my first offer.... i am not going to tell how much (little actually) it was... Wink

I wanted to share some examples i made today, all UNprocessed pics, only converted from RAW to JPG. All are between f/2.5 and f/5.6.
Thanks for looking!

Boat transport by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

Crop of the above:

Crop of "Boat transport" by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

Sandwaves by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

Hotel "de Distel" by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

Ocean's green by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

Seagulls by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

Crop of the above:

Crop of "Seagulls" by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

Oysters by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens for sure! Congrats! Nice gallery level series, I like them much!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they look good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that lens, and some others rokkors. The character of the 2,5/100 makes it adecuate for portraits. Medium to low contrast, except at F/5,6. Slightly warm tones. Sharp enought to general use.

Nice lens.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]This was what you could call a lucky find, because the owner really didn't have a clue, and said "yes, take it!" after my first offer.... i am not going to tell how much (little actually) it was... [quote]

Do you feel guilty ? Laughing

That's a nice lens, good pictures from it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all!

No i don't feel guilty... i made him an offer on the phone, not knowing which lenses were in the bag, he said he was sorry it wasn't a canon but a minolta with some lenses, i found out which lenses it were when i got there!

But i am happy with it! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series...and I'm envy of your lens, specially for cheap Very Happy . but Congrats for the deal