Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The difference between a 5-y-old boy and a 7-y-old girl...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: The difference between a 5-y-old boy and a 7-y-old girl... Reply with quote

My kids love to play "researcher" and they have a complete set of toy tools: magnifying glasses, boxes, tweezers, landing nets etc.

Today they were playing outside before we called them in for lunch. After lunch I said, come one, I'd like to take photos of you, so I mounted the Leica Summitar 2/5cm to my M8 and shot some black&white images (wide-open, ISO320, post-processed with Silver Efex) in our living-room.

Those images really show the difference between a 5-year-old boy and a 7-year-old girl when "posing"...

Constantin (5)

Nele (7)

Stereotypes? No, reality. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny boy and a little lady; what a gap between them!
You have made it very clear in your portraits here.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice series. I especially like the first one. 2nd and 3rd look a little bit out of focus to me, but still very likeable. Thanks for sharing Smile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drack wrote:
A very nice series. I especially like the first one. 2nd and 3rd look a little bit out of focus to me, but still very likeable. Thanks for sharing Smile

Yes, they are a tad out of focus. At f/2 and 50mm on 1.3crop a slight movement of the kid and the eyes are no longer in focus.
It's virtually impossible to have all shot precisely in focus when you take available light photos of kids. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Drack wrote:

Yes, they are a tad out of focus. At f/2 and 50mm on 1.3crop a slight movement of the kid and the eyes are no longer in focus.
It's virtually impossible to have all shot precisely in focus when you take available light photos of kids. Wink

Out of focus doesn't bother me much. The impact is in the expressions on your lad's face. All wonderful!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, my daughter act more like your son Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Exactly shows normal case, girls are much more serious than boys at least this was my experience. Handsome boy and beautiful little angle.