Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stunning Elmo 50mm/1.2 for 8mm projector adapted on Lumix G1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Stunning Elmo 50mm/1.2 for 8mm projector adapted on Lumix G1 Reply with quote

This 8mm projector lens have a very very short flange distance - about 10-12mm! I wrapped the rear end of the lens (about 40mm diameter) with plastic tape. Then insert it fully into a M42 to M4/3 adapter. Focusing is by manual adjustment - pushing in or pulling out the lens from the adapter! Very difficult but I enjoy the results! Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one of these, it is sharp and has unusually good coatings for a projector lens.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Stunning Elmo 50mm/1.2 for 8mm projector adapted on Lumi Reply with quote

Hi!

ferrick wrote:
This 8mm projector lens have a very very short flange distance - about 10-12mm! I wrapped the rear end of the lens (about 40mm diameter) with plastic tape. Then insert it fully into a M42 to M4/3 adapter. Focusing is by manual adjustment - pushing in or pulling out the lens from the adapter! Very difficult but I enjoy the results! Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks for including the picture of the adaptation, it's a fun method, and I'm sure it pushes you to deliberative photography--it's not for snapshots. Truly excellent colors. Was this with post-processing, or without? The depth of field is very thin, as expected. The bokeh is pretty good, but a bit odd in the construction worker shot and the one with the people sitting on a bench.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I have one of these, it is sharp and has unusually good coatings for a projector lens.

Yeah! Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Stunning Elmo 50mm/1.2 for 8mm projector adapted on Lumi Reply with quote

glasslover wrote:
Hi!

ferrick wrote:

Thanks for including the picture of the adaptation, it's a fun method, and I'm sure it pushes you to deliberative photography--it's not for snapshots. Truly excellent colors. Was this with post-processing, or without? The depth of field is very thin, as expected. The bokeh is pretty good, but a bit odd in the construction worker shot and the one with the people sitting on a bench.

Cheers!

Just adjusted brightness level. The odd looking two may be because of the poor focusing I made! Sad Sad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the captain america shot has very good clarity!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hari wrote:
the captain america shot has very good clarity!

I focused at his right eye, thanks to ELV of G1. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. Stunning lens. And a good photographer Wink
Thanks for sharing this.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izvar wrote:
You're right. Stunning lens. And a good photographer Wink
Thanks for sharing this.

Thanks! Smile