Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fisheye! Fujinon CCTV on E-M5 (1/2" format)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Fisheye! Fujinon CCTV on E-M5 (1/2" format) Reply with quote

Hi!

I got a modern CCTV Fujinon C-mount fisheye in 1/2" format a few weeks ago on a lark. At worst, I figured it could be easily resold. As you can see, it forms a tiny porthole in the m43 sensor of the E-M5. Clearly a 2/3" or 1" format lens would fit the sensor much better. Still, apply an extreme crop, and voila! The resultant picture looks pretty usable, at least on the web. Scroll down to take a look for yourself:

Cheers!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you can have a lot of fun with it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

mo wrote:
It looks like you can have a lot of fun with it.

Yes, I think I will be having fun with it. Certainly the produced images are much higher quality than those from the many-brands 0.15x 180-degree auxilary fisheye lens. The brand list I know for that one is, at a minimum: Spiratone/Kenko/Samigon/Soligor/Kalcor/Accura/Panagor. I wonder who actually made it?

My primary point regarding the 1/2" format c-mount Fujinon fish-eye lens was that with enough high-quality pixels on the sensor, even lenses that are obviously inappropriate with regard to projected image size for the sensor can be used to reasonably good effect. I never considered using a 1/2" format lens before this one fell into my hands.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We never know until we try...that's what I like about this forum,someone is always trying something.I am glad you posted up your results. Very Happy