Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujinon-W 3.5/35
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Fujinon-W 3.5/35 Reply with quote

Does anyone have and use this lens, and if so, how do you rate it?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it. Must admit I have not used it much, since I have three other 35mm Fujinons, but in my initial tests it was a good lens, and certainly excellent value for the price which tends to be much cheaper than the f/2.8 or especially f/1.9. The only problems I can see are the slow maximum aperture, poor minimum focus distance (40 cm - same as the other two 35mm Fujinons in M42, but the f/2.8 can be easily modified to go down to 30 cm), and lack of EBC coating (but have not seen any practical issues due to that when used with a lens hood).

Here you can see the 35mm M42 Fujinons side by side:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Arkku for your reply. I'll receive it in a few days. I have the Fujinon 1.8/55 in both EBC and non EBC versions and like them a lot. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did the 35mm F3.5 come both with and without EBC?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens was the "enemy" of the S.Tak. 3,5/35.

I don't think that came in Multi coated version, because it was 4 elements in 4 groups.

Only 8 surfaces. MC should have excesive cost for the minimal effects, I guess

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DR.JUAN wrote:
That lens was the "enemy" of the S.Tak. 3,5/35.

I have both so I'd better not store them together on the same shelf, I guess! Wink Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

Be care.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just let them do a shootout like gentlemen...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing