Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Budget Macro's
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Budget Macro's Reply with quote

Was playing with the NEX and my Helios 44M tried it with my Raynox DCR 150 surprisingly It performs quite well, not as good as my Fuji s100fs did with it but maybe I just need to learn to use it better.

NEX 5r + Helios 44M 58mm f2 + Raynox DCR 150

Madagascar Day Gecko by Caledonia84, on Flickr

South American Glass Wing by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Flora by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Alien Landscape by Caledonia84, on Flickr

Itsy Bitsy Bokeh by Caledonia84, on Flickr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These all look really good.
Seems like a nice setup

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks! Just received a Hoya 75 - 150mm zoom with a macro function, initial impressions combined with the Raynox is very good!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the Raynox attachments are great, I use the 250 on the front of my Bokina. Very Happy
No1 is really nice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really like #1.
Helios is really budget lens. but raynox new is more expensive than old nikkor 55/3,5 or other brand

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
Yeah the Raynox attachments are great, I use the 250 on the front of my Bokina. Very Happy
No1 is really nice.

Had a look at your shots cracking stuff, especially liking the macros that Bokina could be just what I'm looking for!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caledonia84 wrote:
SonicScot wrote:
No1 is really nice.

Had a look at your shots cracking stuff, especially liking the macros that Bokina could be just what I'm looking for!

Thanks Smile
be warned, it doesn't come cheap Wink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
really like #1.
Helios is really budget lens. but raynox new is more expensive than old nikkor 55/3,5 or other brand

Yes got mine for £20 second hand, a real bargain if you ask me Smile I noticed your Jumping spider avatar what set up are you using to capture that? Ive tried a few myself with an old bridge camera I've got + the raynox 150, was hoping to get better results with some MF lenses

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigma made a manual focus 50/2.8 lens that did 1:1.

I currently use it. It's fantastic.

Should be able to buy it anywhere online for less than $60 USD.

Looks like this:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great stuff! looks like the price is creeping up! but its the sort of thing I'm looking for, a dedicated macro so thanks for the heads up!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CONTAX-MM-Sigma-Macro-50mm-2-8-1-1-Macro-Mint-/400327426611?pt=UK_Lenses_Filters_Lenses&hash=item5d355fc233

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read good things about the Raynox, are they better than the general dioptres that you can get? I've got a 1,2 & 4 but never tried them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some general dioptres for my fuji, they were beyond useless, the Raynox lenses work well you just have to work within their limitations mainly shallow dof. I've seen people combine the 150 + 250 to get mega close but i wouldn't like to try that as I do all my macro stuff in the field so to speak and it would be to difficult to focus hand held, here's the raynox 150 on my old bridge camera worked really well on that I thought very usable when out and about and so easy just to snap on and off Smile

Glaswegian Jumping spider (edit) by Caledonia84, on Flickr

I've heard Marumi do some nice dioptres though some very impressive results from them on flickr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a variety of diopters they make http://www.raynox.co.jp/english/digital/d_slr/index.html

The 150 is a +4.8, my 250 is a +8, but they go up to +32 Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my avatar, the jumping spider was taken with Zenitar 50/1,7+extension tubes. I posted in gallery maybe 2 years ago