Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Konica big mini BM 302 with data back?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Konica big mini BM 302 with data back? Reply with quote

picked this up at the market for a couple of dollars and tried to read up about it but it seems the 302 isn't meant to have a data back only the 301 should.

are there different versions of the 302 or is this a put together item? the data back works so I'm a bit confused?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never mind I was being silly, misunderstood the meaning of data back!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy to get confused. The Big Mini range were surprisingly good cameras the 35mm f3.5 was sharp, very sharp. I was in the retail biz in the early 1980's when this camera came out, just another automatic P&S but it started getting a reputation and it flew out of the shop.

Honestly I think only the (much more expensive) Yashica T3 and T4 which came out later were a match for this camera.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah from what I've read this camera has a good reputation. actually when the guy asked $5 for it at the market I walked away thinking do I really need another 35mm point and shoot.

and then I crumbled thinking do I really not need another 35mm beaut;)

not sure if I'm really going to use it, I'm rather partial to my Nikon L35AF, I can always resell for a decent profit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, of course another worthy contender, the Nikon L35AF, Nikon's first compact. With a Nikon lens as opposed to a Nikkor. Basically a Tessar. Probably like yours. I have one and its the best - a noisy bugger though, just like the Big Mini. But the Konica is cuter, looks nicer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Big Mini was one of the best p&s models. I had one for years until one day I managed to drop it onto a concrete floor and it fragmented. Only poor thing about it was its absolutely stupid name . . . (and maybe its inability to withstand a fall onto concrete Wink) Why Konica changed it from A4 to Big Mini I could never understand.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pssst......wanna buy an A4? Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Ah, of course another worthy contender, the Nikon L35AF, Nikon's first compact. With a Nikon lens as opposed to a Nikkor. Basically a Tessar. Probably like yours. I have one and its the best - a noisy bugger though, just like the Big Mini. But the Konica is cuter, looks nicer.

Cool it is an extremely loud camera that was meant to be a stealth camera in it's day, the only stealth thing about it is that its black in colour.

If i'm not mistaken the lens was a proper nikkor lens but because they put Nikon of the lens ring it deterred quite a few people from the camera thinking it was a third party manufacturer making the lenses for them. It's a sonnar design and the thing I appreciate the most it the black vignetting on the corners caused by the lens.

Reminds me alot of the 14mm 2.8 from panasonic for the MFT cameras with the vignetting.

Scamsbrook, I have to agree about the name, I think alot can be lost in translation with some of the japanese companies Razz