Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokina AT-X 5.6/150-500 Red deer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Tokina AT-X 5.6/150-500 Red deer Reply with quote

First time out for my Tokina AT-X 5.6/150-500mm that i came across one week ago. The giant with a Canon FD-mount was attached to my second Panny G1 that i took up yesterday. For a first time out, i decided to go hunting red deer and as this is a lens like every supertele takes some time getting used to, my expectations were not quite high.

1 The combination

This AT-X not only looks big, in fact it is a huge, heavy lens. Shooting out of hand is something to forget about, so the giant was mounted on my MA681 monopod for at least some stability

Results

7 They kind of respect me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all from an old giant, with PP will be useful tool for sure, great poses, lovely captures!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images!

Darned impressive considering the slow shutter speeds.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx

I think this big AT-X can even do better with more light and contrast and last but not least, more experience as this beasts take some time to get used to.
The mass of the lens in combination with the mirrorless G1 makes it possible to use quite long exposuretimes helped by a monopod.
The AT-X was on my list of 'maybe once i find one when i'm very lucky', it was the second one i ever saw in 'real life'. Being introduced in the AF-aera as a MF-only it didn't sell as good as Tokina must have wanted so it has become a rather rare type of lens. Qualitywise (both build and optics) it deserved better.