Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tokyo Koki 35/2,8 rare? Really?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject: Tokyo Koki 35/2,8 rare? Really? Reply with quote

Have a look.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Tokyo-Koki-W-Tokina-35mm-F2-8-47mm-T-T2-Universal-Prime-Lens-M42-Mount/324753455869?hash=item4b9cd07afd:g:Q~AAAOSwJB1fyaeb&pageci=fbf67b3c-6df1-4a63-9575-f1feb5871548&redirect=mobile
I have the very same lens under the Cunor name. I checked carefully. All the same.
My question is simple. Is that lens even somewhat uncommon, or is it just because of the Tokyo Koki name? I mean I think $ 250 is no joke for this lens... Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe rare because Tokina didn't make a lot of lenses under their own name then, but the optical design is probably in a lot of 35mm lenses made by them for others, preset or not.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seller has an unfortunate habit of inflating prices based on somewhat dubious premises of alleged 'rareness' of items, that listing is on the cusp of that description. In my saved searches I often see a Kawanon made Spiratone 35/3.5 lens, very common and not notably good, he is trying to pass off as Kyoei made (it is not) and priced above actual Kyoei 35/3.5 lenses. The lens is the same optical design, but fairly common under numerous badges, and not in any way notable. I then see him trying to sell lens hoods for the Kyoei lens for $60 to $70, which don't have even a makers mark, they just fit that lens, but using the association to inflate the price.

I don't begrudge the guy trying to make a buck, due to my own knowledge he'll not fool me with dubious and in some cases dishonest claims. It does for some reason still bug me when I have saved searches and everyday have to see his bogus listings though.