Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Weed Macro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Weed Macro Reply with quote

Here's a macro of a flowering weed in my neighbors front lawn...It's a very tiny flower, about 1/8 inch long,. I'll take a reference shot tomorrow to show you the scale...I used my Vivitar 135mm Close Focus along with a Vivitar 2X macro converter & a SB 600 for fill light

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ouch - very impressive Scott

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REALLY impressive. WOW! Nice, nice, nice. Those are SMALL flowers from what you described! Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice macro - the detail is great.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the flower is nice but the the quality and detail of the photo are awful Confused Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
the flower is nice but the the quality and detail of the photo are awful Confused Crying or Very sad

I think the detail is there, it's just a bit noisy.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am behind Poilu , this is not a good sample at all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
I think the detail is there, it's just a bit noisy

Yes the detail is on there
I find the picture blurry and cheap, I suspect the macro converter
Of course it is subjective and doesn't mean much
if everyone find this photo good then I am wrong Cool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poilu,
The photos I posted were hand held thus some sharpness was lost...Here are more shots, the first is a shot of my foot next to the weeds so you get an idea as to the magnification & the 2nd shot is a controlled shot indoors with my Lester A Dine 105 macro @1:1 on a tripod...Both shots are straight out of the camera with no post processing

Last edited by Screamin Scott on Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shows huge difference , Kiron shoot is excellent.