Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Marker Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: Marker Tree Reply with quote

Sorry about the small size; I'll be scanning the original again soon.

This is a so-called "marker tree" for me, and coming upon this old friend was a relief for me. I had been traveling for several hours using compass bearings to put me as close to the marker tree as possible. Even though the compass is always correct, there is still that inner bit of fear that I would end up wandering around as a lost person forever! Shocked

The fog created a lot of disorientation, but also seemed to attenuate the personality of this little subalpine opening.

From this marker tree, I knew that I need only crest over the background ridge and drop about 2500 feet (800 meters) on a NNE 25 degree heading to intersect an old road that would lead to my parked car.

Marker Tree

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I like it a lot! Most people don't know that the limbs are bent down
by sasquatch to mark their territory... Laughing I've seen that somewhere,
maybe in a parallel universe. Wink

Bill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One can almost feel the relief....usual great atmospheric shot

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And another great shot! Have you ever taken a bad photo?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
And another great shot! Have you ever taken a bad photo?

I don't think he has (well, I haven't seen one yet)Smile

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. The fog adds a surreal feeling to the shot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice - I like the contrast between the bright clear foreground and the foggy background.