Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

nex 5n lcd
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: nex 5n lcd Reply with quote

Hi guys.

I was looking for that question in the net, but I don't find nothing about.

Using spot metering and manual lenses:

1- With the nex 3, when I stop down the shutter a bit, the time of exposure is fixed, and when i move the cam that exposure nor the LCD change.

2- With the 5n, all the same but the LCD change the luminosity when I move the cam.
If the point of the spot meter is in "clear" zone, the LCD become darker, and if that point is in "darker" zone, the LCD become clear. But the exposure never change, it's the first while I have stopped down the shutter

Is there any way for the 5n LCD don't change to clear or darker when I move the cam while the shutter is stopped down?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you might find the exposure lock button useful.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might help:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3155030#forum-post-40772136

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you might find the exposure lock button useful.

Yessssssssss.

I use it in almost all my photos, till I use the spotmeter mode only.

But the LCD change made that the first luminosity (the picture, really) should be forgotten.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twinquartz wrote:
This might help:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3155030#forum-post-40772136

Thank you, twinquartz.

But I can't find how to do for the LCD not change the luminosity when the exposure doesn't change because the use of the AE Lock.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just the display changing, and not the camera setting? On my NEX5 the display changes brightness as it senses the ambient light.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
Is it just the display changing, and not the camera setting? On my NEX5 the display changes brightness as it senses the ambient light.

Yes. The camera setting don't change.

But with the display changing you lost the view of the real image that will be taken.

The nex 3 doesn't change.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 5 there's a setting, go to, Menu - Setup - LCD Brightness and on mine it shows 'Auto - Manual - Sunny weather' - And that turns it off when set to 'manual' and gives you a slider to set the brightness, on 'sunny' it's very bright. Try the manual setting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
On my 5 there's a setting, go to, Menu - Setup - LCD Brightness and on mine it shows 'Auto - Manual - Sunny weather' - And that turns it off when set to 'manual' and gives you a slider to set the brightness, on 'sunny' it's very bright. Try the manual setting.

Thanks Lloydy, but in the 5N that setting does not avoid the change of the LCD as I described previously.