Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

single adapter??
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: single adapter?? Reply with quote

do you guys use one adapter per lens or buy a single adapter (say M42) for multiple m42 lenses???

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my dslr I use cheap non chipped m42 adapters, so i have many and I mount one on every lens in my bag: unscrewing m42's is a bit annoying.
On my nex I have only one adapter per kind, and switch lenses on it (except for m42's, in that case i stack m42 to minolta AF and minolta AF to nex, so I have my m42 mounted on the minolta af adapter, and only one af to nex adapter).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several adapters (M42, Contax/Yashica, M39, Pentax K, Nikon F, Canon FD, Exakta, Rollei QBM, Tamron, Leica R, T2, Minolta SR, Sony A, Pentacon Six.. all to Canon EOS). Some in bigger numbers, some only single piece.

I have to change the adapters on the lenses now and then, but I try to do this at home, so that on a photo tour each lens has its own adapter.
Some iffy lenses like some Zeiss Contax have their own adapter. And many adapters are used for mount conversion, or own made adapters, so I try to reduce number off adapters on lenses.

All non chipped, and ordered cheap from Asia.
Adapter prices buying here in Germany are much higher, so I better wait the 3-4 weeks for those from Asia.