Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Drachenfels castle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Drachenfels castle! Reply with quote

Look at the roofer working on the main tower! This images is made handheld from a distance of approx. 3.5 Km! Kamera: FUJI HS20 Not bad for bridge camera!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3.5Km? Wow! Which lens did you use?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe 350 meters!
The EXIF says 87.4 mm lens. Given the crop factor of 5.8 the focal length would be 506mm. You barely see the castle at 3.5 km.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Maybe 350 meters!
The EXIF says 87.4 mm lens. Given the crop factor of 5.8 the focal length would be 506mm. You barely see the castle at 3.5 km.

This is what I thought too, but I hoped to be surprised with an exotic lens!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:57 am    Post subject: HS20 Bridge camera Reply with quote

As you guys might know, the FUJI HS20/30 has a zoom lens range of 24 - 720mm! The HS30 can extend the zoom range digital up to 1.440mm, which work fine too! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: I think... Reply with quote

At that angle of view and inclination to the target, he would maybe be in Rodderberg, southwest across the river from the Schloss, at approx 3 km!

There is a nice park on a slight plateau with I think exactly this view!

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: I think... Reply with quote

Arminius wrote:
At that angle of view and inclination to the target, he would maybe be in Rodderberg, southwest across the river from the Schloss, at approx 3 km!

There is a nice park on a slight plateau with I think exactly this view!

Wink

No Sir, but you're close, its directly at the Rhine River south of Mehlem! From the Rodderberg plateau, it would be an different angle and distance, and would require much more telephoto power for the same image of the castle..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot ...but I think my eyes are playing tricks as the left of the building looks like it's leaning to the left and the right to the right and the stature (on right) as well Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google Earth measures the Schloss 1.27km from the road south of Mehlem

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Drachenfels distance! Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Google Earth measures the Schloss 1.27km from the road south of Mehlem

To my opinion, the standpoint taking the image, was south of Mehlem, more towards Rolandswerth, direct at the Riverside. But thank you, that you've looked at Google Earth, but the direct distance is to my estimate further out. But anyway, I've noticed the roofer working on the main tower roof later, and I guess, it is for an Fuji bridge camera and its zoom lens not so bad!

Best

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Drachenfels distance! Reply with quote

OPAL wrote:
I've noticed the roofer working on the main tower roof later, and I guess, it is for an Fuji bridge camera and its zoom lens not so bad!

Oh absolutely! Whatever the distance, it's a very nice shot and a very nice camera. At what focal length was the shot taken?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Drachenfels distance! Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
OPAL wrote:
I've noticed the roofer working on the main tower roof later, and I guess, it is for an Fuji bridge camera and its zoom lens not so bad!

Oh absolutely! Whatever the distance, it's a very nice shot and a very nice camera. At what focal length was the shot taken?

I was shooting with three different cameras! CONTAX 645 AF with 1000mm, with slide film, CANON 5DMkII with 600mm, and with the FUJI HS20 with equal approx. 600mm. I wanted to know how much different the qualities are, with these three different cameras.

Main reason: I don't want to carry this heavy and bulky stuff anymore, just for normal photo shootings.