Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PLEASE HELP W/PRICE ~ VIVTAR 800mm f8-32 2PC.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: PLEASE HELP W/PRICE ~ VIVTAR 800mm f8-32 2PC. Reply with quote

Hello All,
I find myself selling some gear thanks to the recession(lol) and am trying to fix a price on this lense so that I may sell it!!! Below is some info I have found over the course of the last few years and the pictures were just taken, mounted on my F90X. And yes I realize the lense is dirty(lol) and will be cleaned soon. Incidently I found through a web site that the serial #'s- it was mfg'd by Tokina for Vivitar in JAPAN not China, in 1979.
2 pc. construction and is approx. 26.5" long with the hood attached.

800mm f8.0-32 Super Telephoto Lens
1280mm f8.0 with a Digital SLR

This is the genuine item made in Japan by Tokina Optical Company

GENERAL INFO
This 800mm Super Tele-Tokina is very very rare, in excellent Condition, only around 450 have ever been made. You can check all over ebay, won't find another one anywhere ! ! The Lens is far superior to all 600 & 800mm Mirror Lenses. It is often compared to the Nikon 800mm f8. This Lens is really sharp. You will be blown away by the Distance it covers. Subjects barely visible with the naked Eye can be viewed and photographed easily. It is a whole new Level of Long-Distance Photography. More Detail and great Saturation -

The barrel provides perfect composition control. Multi-coated glass, solid metal housing, glass elements, strong metal mount !!!!!!
The lens has 4 elements in 4 groups, View-angle of 3%, minimum focusing distance is 33 feet/10 meters, 112mm filter-size, 24 inches long, weighs around 7 pounds.

[/img]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: PLEASE HELP W/PRICE ~ VIVTAR 800mm f8-32 2PC. Reply with quote

Picman wrote:
Hello All,
I find myself selling some gear thanks to the recession(lol) and am trying to fix a price on this lense so that I may sell it!!! Below is some info I have found over the course of the last few years and the pictures were just taken, mounted on my F90X. And yes I realize the lense is dirty(lol) and will be cleaned soon. Incidently I found through a web site that the serial #'s- it was mfg'd by Tokina for Vivitar in JAPAN not China, in 1979.
2 pc. construction and is approx. 26.5" long with the hood attached.

800mm f8.0-32 Super Telephoto Lens
1280mm f8.0 with a Digital SLR

This is the genuine item made in Japan by Tokina Optical Company

GENERAL INFO
This 800mm Super Tele-Tokina is very very rare, in excellent Condition, only around 450 have ever been made. You can check all over ebay, won't find another one anywhere ! ! The Lens is far superior to all 600 & 800mm Mirror Lenses. It is often compared to the Nikon 800mm f8. This Lens is really sharp. You will be blown away by the Distance it covers. Subjects barely visible with the naked Eye can be viewed and photographed easily. It is a whole new Level of Long-Distance Photography. More Detail and great Saturation -

The barrel provides perfect composition control. Multi-coated glass, solid metal housing, glass elements, strong metal mount !!!!!!
The lens has 4 elements in 4 groups, View-angle of 3%, minimum focusing distance is 33 feet/10 meters, 112mm filter-size, 24 inches long, weighs around 7 pounds.

[/img]

There you go.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody hell, that's huge!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judged by the physical style of the lens, I would guess manufacture date more like 1969, perhaps earlier, than 1979. A similar lens was also available from Soligor in the same time period. Someone with a collection of old photo magazines should find an advertisment for the lens or find it included in an ad by a mail order seller.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 800mm Reply with quote

http://www.cameraquest.com/VivLensManuf.htm

Thanks but i believe its 1979---see above link for Serial # decryption...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess $250 or perhaps more.

Yours looks like its in fine condition with all its bits, which are often missing.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: 800mm SOLD for $600 CAD...FYI Reply with quote

800mm SOLD for $600 CAD...FYI

Thanks to all for your help and input.
My apologies for not posting sooner, as the lens was sold last August(2010)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This monster is separated in two halves before storing in case. I didn't know it's that rare. Can you share a good link to this info?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the exact same lens with all the bits and pieces including the original leather case and an shoulder extra strap for the case that came with it. The lenses where made in the 60's and as far as I've found out they where made by tokina. I've put a converter on mine and use it with an EF camera. Pretty nice results. I'm also looking at selling mine though, we'll see if I find a buyer.