Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adjusting infinity focus on Mir 20/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Adjusting infinity focus on Mir 20/3.5 Reply with quote

Hi,
I bought a Mir 20/3.5 that is unable to focus over one meter or so. I waited too much to send it back to seller, so I have to live with it. Price was not excessive, fortunately.
I already tried to reverse back lens, but cannot be put on the other side (convex).
Is there any easy way to adjust infinity?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm... difficult question? Smile
I add an information: seller told me that it was serviced, and maybe the technician did something wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: infinity adjustement Reply with quote

Hi,
May I would try to loose the front cover ring (nameplate). After that please take a picture what is including under that. You can remove it by a rubber O-ring or rubber donut. You can turn it on CCW direction. If it is not goes don't force over. It is possible to remove not hardly. Be carefully, don't scratch the lens. After you shared the picture you can get more help. Basically it would be not a difficult process.
BR,
Zsolti

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I adjusted the one on mine, there's a little margin, but it may not be enough.

Anyway, i don't remember well but it was really easy: badically you have to unscrew three screws that couple the outer ring with the helicoid, turn the outer ring and then re tighten the screws. If you can't find how to do it, tomorrow I can try to be more precise.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: infinity adjustement Reply with quote

Zsolt wrote:
Hi,
May I would try to loose the front cover ring (nameplate). After that please take a picture what is including under that. You can remove it by a rubber O-ring or rubber donut. You can turn it on CCW direction. If it is not goes don't force over. It is possible to remove not hardly. Be carefully, don't scratch the lens. After you shared the picture you can get more help. Basically it would be not a difficult process.
BR,
Zsolti

If his lens is the same as mine it doesn't have a name plate, and the frontmost part is Held by 3 screws.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Adjusting infinity focus on Mir 20/3.5 Reply with quote

enzodm wrote:
I bought a Mir 20/3.5 that is unable to focus over one meter or so.

Which means the lens block is too far from the sensor. It sounds like the helicoil is mis-threaded to me.