Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Digitize Film: Camera vs Scanner
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Digitize Film: Camera vs Scanner Reply with quote

Interesting article: http://www.petapixel.com/2012/12/23/why-you-should-digitize-your-film-using-a-camera-instead-of-a-scanner/

A bit surprising considering drum scans.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've yet to be completely happy with any method.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
I've yet to be completely happy with any method.

Supermarkets could help if they only unleashed the power of their scanners and offer cheap prices...why not have two prices one for low scans and a bit more expensive for higher scans...a Fuji frontier machine on best scan would slaughter any flatbed scanner. Oh btw I have tried to bribe the operators at the supermarket for a high scan but the girl said "the machine is set by the engineers". Sad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for article!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

comparing 10,000CZK scanner with at least 80,000CZK dslr/lens seems to me not correct.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob van Sikorski wrote:
comparing 10,000CZK scanner with at least 80,000CZK dslr/lens seems to me not correct.

But most photographers already have a DSLR and many also already a usable macro lens

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob van Sikorski wrote:
this is not sport, it is comparison. I think it´s good to know what considerably higher investment brings you in quality.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then what if we made comparison of used drum scanner purchased for 80000czk with 10000czk dslr (which will be something like canon 1100D)? thats my point. comparison of V700 × 5DmII can be done, but its not objective truth about scan quality made by those two approaches.