Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CZJ Tessar Zebra aperture re-assembly
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: CZJ Tessar Zebra aperture re-assembly Reply with quote

Some days ago I bought a tessar with fungus for almost nothing.
It arrived, fungus was little overall, but most of it was gathered in a spot around the center of the sencond lens from the front.
Since it had slow blades and not even focus damping, I decided to completely disassemble it for cleaning and lubing.
Everything went ok, glass now looks clean, and everyting seems well lubed, but I can't find how to put back again the aperture mechanism.
It looks different from all the guides I found on this forum, mine is a zebra version, with a kind of switch that, when pushed, stops the lens down (but when released it comes back, wide-opening it, so it's not like the a/m switch on my pancolar).

This is the point I reached so far:

I understand that part 1. goes into hole 3. with the spring towards the lens' front.
1.'s part without the spring should pass in the little hole you see in part 2. (the hole is the part projecting a shadow).

Now, what I don't understand: 1. should somehow interact with 4., keeping the part where the arrows end lifted towards lens' back, but it doesn't, and I don't understand how the aperture ring rotation is coupled with the aperture mechanism.

If anybody knows this particular version of the lens, or can guess how to do that, it would be great.
(sorry for the pic, it's quickly taken with my phone)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I found how to have the aperture ring actually control the aperture, and that's good, but still no idea on how to put back in place (and at work) part 1.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this lens a while ago, I removed the pin and am struggling to get the thing back together... It has sat there in pieces for a while now, because every time I try to re-assemble I get too frustrated.

Since I have found another copy of the lens and has the same problems, stiff focus, dirty elements.
I really don't want to take the second lens apart incase I can't get it together like the first one.
I think I will eventually end up taking them to a professional to get them serviced Smile

Do any of our users here offer cheap lens cleaning / reassembly services?

-Ben

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

enliten wrote:
I got this lens a while ago, I removed the pin and am struggling to get the thing back together... It has sat there in pieces for a while now, because every time I try to re-assemble I get too frustrated.

Since I have found another copy of the lens and has the same problems, stiff focus, dirty elements.
I really don't want to take the second lens apart incase I can't get it together like the first one.
I think I will eventually end up taking them to a professional to get them serviced Smile

Do any of our users here offer cheap lens cleaning / reassembly services?

-Ben

Mine now is back together and perfectly working, only I left out the auto stop-down pin, and the top switch doesn't do anything. Lens now is fully manual, that is what I needed for digital, but I'd like to know how to put it back in its original state.
If you want to close it like that and need some help, just tell me where are you stuck.